dear friends,
I know you are all DYING to hear about my new job. haha Yeah. You are:)So I will tell you! As I stated a little in my last post I work at a place called Efolks as a sales consultant giving people recommendations on how to fix their credit. To most of you (probably all of you)this sounds like the most boring thing in the entire world, and you would be correct. You sit at a cubicle for 4-8 hours depending on your shift and call people. Most of the time you're on the phone but sometimes there is a lag in leads and so you have absolutely nothing to do but sit there and wait for that beep in your headset. If you have friends there (which I actually do have a couple) you can talk to them but most of the time all conversations get cut off at the most random places because one of you will get a call and you have to say hello. It's actually quite hilarious to see. You're in the middle of telling a story about the crazy person you just talked to and you get interrupted by the next crazy person.
Okay so it sounds like I hate my job (which I don't). Let my tell you some things I strongly dislike about my job:
~The person who hangs up on me before I even get a word out.
~The person who answers the phone, doesn't hang up, but then continues to talk to everyone but me. Just do the thing above this. sheesh
~The person who screams at me the minute I ask if they are there saying, "I told you not to call me back! what the h is wrong with you?" Before I can even explain that it may take up to 7 days for the system to get them off the list they say something under their breath and hang up. Great well I hope you get called half a dozen more times sucker!!
~The person who asks me who's calling. I already told you. My name is Jessica and I'm calling from (wherever I happen to be calling from for this situation lets just say OwnerWiz). Then they start in with the attitude, "I don't know who that is. Why are you calling me?" SERIOUSLY? YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS? YOU JUST VISITED THEIR WEBSITE AND PUT ALL YOUR INFORMATION IN THEIR DATABASE. AND YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM?!?!
~The person who half way through introducing myself tells me they filled out the information for someone else. WHAT THE HECK? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? IF SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A HOLD OF THEM YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT IN THEIR NAME AND PHONE NUMBER. NOT YOURS YOU DUMMY.
~The person who hangs up on me after I've already been on the phone with them for 10 minutes and I'm just about to transfer. DID YOU REALLY NEED TO WAIST ALL OF MY TIME IF YOU WERE JUST GOING TO HANG UP ON ME?
~The person who tells me I need to fix blah, blah, and blah on the website. FOR REALS? I DON'T RUN THE WEBSITE I GIVE FREE CREDIT CONSULTATIONS. DID I NOT MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?
Okay so that's probably all the thins I dislike about my job. at least for now:)
So here's the things I love about my job:
~The old lady who I spent an hour on the phone with and was almost in tears because of how sad her stories was. She just opened up and told me all these things like how her and her husband just retired and don't have enough money so their house got foreclosed and she doesn't have enough money so she can't get her medications that she needs. I mean the list goes on and on, but the thing is is that she just talked to me. I didn't have to ask many questions because she just talked to me like we were friends.
~When I talk to someone who has things on their credit that shouldn't be there like identity theft and things that are on there over 7 years. I know they shouldn't be there and I know I can get you help!!
~When I convince someone that the only thing they need is to speak to a paralegal at the law firm we work with, and then I transfer them. It just feels good to know they have been given the option to get help!
~When I transferred someone and then a little while later I get told that I got a sale. THIS IS PROBABLY MY FAVORITE PART. ME JESSICA MEYERS HELPED SOMEONE:) It's seriously an amazing feeling to know that I am a good enough sales consultant to get someone to get help. I love that feeling.
~When I ask someone if they have ever heard of a pre-paid card and they answer yes. So instead of just telling them about it I ask them what they know about it. They tell me it uses your own money like a debit card. Then I ask them if they realize that they can actually be building credit with a pre-paid care (this is my favorite part...). I can just hear the surprise and almost happiness in their voice when they answer that they didn't know that. HA. I got em hooked:) I love knowing that I made someone feel a little more at ease just by telling them one simple thing about a card. I think I do the best at selling those cards. haha
~The last thing I love about my job is just that I am helping people. If they are willing to let me help them I want to help them. It is very very rewarding to know that someone that felt so hopeless may actually have hope again and may be able to give there little family a real home someday. I know I don't actually do any of the services but I like to think that if I hadn't called they would still be in a lot of trouble and feel like there was no way out and that just makes me so sad.
Alright so now that you get the just of my job just know that it's like nothing I have ever experienced before. I am a 20 year old doing an adult type job talking to adults (people much older than me) about ways they can repair their lives by trying to fix their credit. It's AMAZING. It also had made me hyper aware of the fact that I cannot end up like that. I have to be really careful with my spending's and with my credit in the future because it is SO important.
Last but not least... I called my sister-in-law today on my break and I asked for her in my sales person voice. It was quite hilarious. I can't help talking like that now. So if you ever feel like hearing a little bit about what I do (or just hearing my hilarious sales consultant voice) I'll give you a call:)
Thanks for reading about work. I know it's a little boring but I hope it was also funny. At least you can laugh at my pain! haha
I'm glad that you love your job! I can tell that you are happier with it!
ReplyDelete