Friday, August 5, 2011

the ocean = my new favorite thing:)

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here and right. I guess I am lazy and I just haven't felt like writing. But do not fear... I'm here to tell all that care about my awesome vacation in Florida:) First lets start before that because I feel like it's a key to the puzzle!

This semester we had to do our own white glove because of the EFY kids coming the next monday (yes thanks all you EFY children for making me do more work. haha). Well I started packing my room Friday because I had a couple HARD finals and I had to study for them. (side note: I PASSED all of my classes which means I get to start the IBC this fall! Yes I am very very excited!)So I started packing after my last final on Friday about 1ish and then I got done about 3ish. I am a very fast packer seeing how I move every 3 months! I'm pretty pro now:) Anyways we had to move all of Danielle's stuff to storage and then all of my stuff to my grandmothers house and we started about 5 and finished about 9. It was so ridiculous. I have WAY too much stuff!

Well I started my white glove job which was the kitchen at about 10. If any of you have ever been in my apartment you know that the kitchen was seriously the nastiest thing ever. I don't know why we didn't clean it throughout the semester but it was sick. I had the stove and the floor and a couple other minor things. It took me 6 HOURS. 6 LONG HOURS. Good thing I had Callie and her mother to keep my company:) By the end of my cleaning I was laying on the floor scrubbing it because I was so exhausted. I had gotten up at 7 that morning to go take my final and had gone to bed at 3 the night before:) I am obviously very awesome at getting enough sleep. I don't even know how I stayed up long enough to finish my job but we finally went to bed about 5am. I then got up at 8am to finish whatever packing needed to be done and to wait for the white glove checker to come and look at our apartment.

She was 45 min late which was a little annoying because I had to catch my shuttle and before that I had to run and leave stuff at my grandmas. Well she said the stove was the cleanest one she had seen! I was extremely proud of myself. I move back into that apartment in the fall so our stove is gonna be nice and clean and brand new looking:)

Anyways I was almost late to the shuttle and I hadn't showered because I didn't have anything to shower with so I smelled awful. I feel so bad for my friend that I sat next too. So it was a 4 hour ride to the airport then a 2 hour wait then a 1.5 hour flight home and then I went home and hung out with my family for the evening. I got to see my niece and nephew (who I hadn't seen since he was a week old. He was HUGE. seriously that kid eats a ton) Then I just hung out with my mother and went to sleep around midnight.

I woke up at 5 to get up and do it all over again. This time we went and picked up Vikki and drove to the airport. Our flight was at 7 and it was about a 3.5 hour flight. Frontier decided to be mean and they didn't give us seats next to eachother and so we had to sit a couple rows away:( But because of that they gave us free tv which was nice because it was a LONG flight. Florida is hot. That's the first thing I remember when I stepped outside. I had a little trouble breathing for the first couple minutes cause the humidity was choking me. Which is really sad but I am not used to any humidity.

Well we walked into the condo after the taxi ride and my breath was taken away again. It was one of those things out of a movie. There was a HUGE glass wall that looked right over the ocean and since we were 33 floors up it was a beautiful view. There was 2 bedrooms and they were pretty big rooms with big beds! I haven't experienced anything like that ever. It was an awesome experience. Anyways.... we were so excited that we put our suits on a ran outside to the ocean. The condo is so nice that it has it's own concierge and they have people who get you chairs to sit on by the beach. I was in heaven. I hadn't been in the ocean in years and Florida's waters are so warm.

I'm pretty sure I embarrassed Vikki because I was acting like a 5 year old but I was just so excited to be in the water. I didn't want to get out and I stayed in there for at least and hour, but then the water ate Vikki's sunglasses and we decided to get out. I can't even remember where we went to dinner that night but I know it was good. We decided to call it a night cause I was having trouble keeping my eyes open and Vikki was tired too.

I slept until 3pm Monday. I feel really bad still. I even set my alarm for way earlier but I was just so exhausted that I didn't wake up. Because so much of the day was gone we just went and sat out on the beach and then went to dinner at this restaurant/grocery store Epicure. It was super weird to have a restaurant at a grocery store but the food was delicious! It was pretty dark when we left so we decided to walk on the beach home because there was a beautiful lightning storm over the ocean that made the sky light up and look purple. It was gorgeous. I was in awe of the beauty of it. After an hour or so some guys walked up and asked to hang out.

We weren't gonna say no because lets face it.. I love boys:) So they sat down, and after refusing a drink (because I don't drink. Which I had to repeat to them a couple of times) We played trivia. Which was stupid because I had basically shut my brain off after all those ridiculous finals. We ended up playing truth or dare. Now I know exactly what you are thinking right now... that's not a very good game to play with guys that are basically drunk. But I was sober and I'm a smart kid:) One of the guys had to run butt naked down the beach screaming something and I almost peed my pants because I was laughing so hard. It was very PG all I saw was his butt, but hilarious nonetheless. Then one of them dared me to kiss Vikki. GROSS. yeah no. I said I would kiss anyone but her. So I ended up kissing one of the guys. And it was just a peck so don't go freaking out. :)

We ended the night kind of late because we were just having so much fun with them and went to bed. I really don't remember what we did the next day except we sat at the beach most of the day and then went back to that place for dinner again because it was SO good!! We decided it would be fun to hang out with those guys again and we did,and I got to cuddle:) I hadn't cuddled in over a year and it was wonderful. Yes I did kiss him too. No we did not make-out. Just a couple or many pecks. He kinda gave me the creeps though by the end of the night and I decided I didn't want to hang out with him again. (probably smart since he was 29. hahaha)

The next day we went to the beach again! (I love the ocean. It's my new favorite place) and then we went to the mall so I could get some clothes for school! That mall was ginormous. I think we got lost a couple of times. We searched for one store for a good 20 min and when we finally found it we were in love. It was like Hollister, Abercrombie, and American Eagle had babies. It had the cutest things in it and I ended up buying some shorts and a sweatshirt! The name is Gilly Hicks in case you want to look it up and buy some cute clothes!

Then Thursday we hung out at the beach again and we decided to go to one of the out door malls they have there. If you've ever been to Denver it's kinda like 16th Street Mall. We had to take the bus there and it was so crowded and nasty. I am not a fan of the bus. We made it there and just did some window shopping. I liked the atmosphere there cause it was just fun and bubbly. Then we ate some dinner and decided we were going to go visit those boys, so we hopped in a taxi and went for a drive. We got to see Miami and at night that place is almost like Denver. Lots of lights and really breathtaking.

We got to our hangout spot and I was freaking out because I didn't want to see Andrew again. (Andrew is the 29 year old who apparently had the hots for me because he talked about me all day long. bleh) The guys were laughing at me because they don't like him and they kept pretending to call him over and everything. I started to relax after I realized they were just messing with me. One of the guys was adorable. Seriously. I would have loved to have packaged him up and taken him home with me:) And that body of his. mmmmm:) yes I know.. he took his shirt off. So sue me. It was fantastic. I just wanted to touch it. But I didn't. You can all let go of your breath now:)

The next day we tried to go jet skiing but they wouldn't let us because we aren't 22 yet. I think that's the lamest thing ever. You have to be 21 to drink but 22 to drive a jet ski? LAME LAME LAME. whatever.. we sat by the pool and listened to music and got a little tan:) I am darker then when I went but no one can see it cause I still look white. I am cursed with some pasty white skin:( Then that evening Vikki's uncle took us to dinner and we ate at a Russian restaurant. I had never had Russian food before but it was seriously good. There was some lamb, potatoes, salad, other Russian things and then baklava. He got us a lot of extra food so we had leftovers. It was a lot of fun to try something new.

Saturday we went to South Beach, Florida which is where all the night life is and we just walked around and took in the beauty of the old buildings there. We almost died from heatstroke cause it was about 105 degrees outside and we were walking around. Then we went to the mall because we were gonna see a movie. I got some feathers in my hair! (they are pink and so adorable) and then we saw "Crazy, Stupid, Love" and it was really cute. I would see it again, just maybe in the cheaper theater.

Sunday we left. It was a very sad goodbye. I miss that place already. If I could stay there all break I would. It was the perfect vacation and I am so thankful I have such an amazing friend:) The whole reason I was able to go was because of Vikki and her mother and I am SO grateful to them! They are amazing! I love them!!!

Frontier did it AGAIN, but luckily this time there was a nice gentleman who took my seat so I could sit next to Vikki and we watched some SVU on her Ipad during the long boring flight. We were so sick of the plane when we landed in Denver, and I was plane sick because Denver has some of the worst turbulence I have ever experienced. Every time I fly in I get sick. It's really annoying... and I had another flight in 2 hours. We hung out at the airport for a couple minutes until her ride came and then she left and I went and sat down at my gate to wait.

About 30 minutes before we started boarding the gate person asked if anyone would be willing to take a later flight to let a passenger on that was supposed to be on the flight but wasn't. I thought long and hard and decided I would do it. I wanted to see my family anyways. So I went up there and told him I would be willing too. I then called my mother and told her I may be staying the night. Once the plane was all boarded it was decided I would stay and catch an 8am flight in the morning. I also got a $400 voucher towards another flight on frontier. That made it all worth it:)

I was waiting for my mom to pick me up and I see her pulling over and then I see my niece in the back and she screams "CACA" (pronounced like the ca in Jessica but with two of them) so loud that the people around me were starring. I was very proud to call her mine:) We and visited my brother/sister-in-law/nephew and then we went home and took my niece with us. We watched a movie and stuff and then me and my adorable little niece had a sleepover. I love that little girl so stinking much.

I woke up at 5:30am and my dad drove me to the airport. I took a flight to Salt Lake and then a 5 hour shuttle ride back to good ol' Rexburg. It was a very very long day and I was exhausted when I got back, but I still helped my cousin clean out my grandma's garage. Yup I'm just awesome like that!

Anyways... that was my amazing trip! There's probably more but this is already long enough as it is without me adding every single little detail. Thanks for reading about my fantastic vacation:) Love you all

7 comments:

  1. Well, now that I'm eighty years old after reading this.... haha just kidding! Loved it! And I'm soooo jealous. Not of the boys, of course. Just the beach and the condo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sorry. It was a looooooong week. Yeah it was fantastic:) I'm glad I got that opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO funny!! haha sounds like quite the adventure!! I'm glad you got to live it up a little before going back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I agree with both Jennie and Erin. Hilarious, super long but I'm glad you had such a good time! :)Reading this makes me miss Florida! :( haha

    P.S. I like your new blog background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes Erin it was an adventure. haha One I desperately needed after that semester:)

    and thanks Danielle:) I was getting tired of it and decided I needed a new one and I love the ocean:) haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I just love you.that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww thanks Machete:) Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete