Monday, April 18, 2011

my amazing journey

I'm back in Sexy Rexy. I wasn't as excited to come back this semester as the one's before but my room is unpacked and school starts tomorrow and I feel a lot better about it. First off.... I'm back with one of my best friends. Definitely missed her. My cousin Jared decided to come to school here and we've hung out twice now. He is such a funny kid. I also have a pretty big crush on one of his friends:) Secondly..... I really like my roommates. We seem to have a lot in common, and we've already gotten along really well. It's going to be a fun semester. Thirdly, I learned so much about myself while I was off track.

1. I don't need other's to be happy. I can choose to be happy by myself.
I've been told this so many times yet it never really made sense to me until I actually took the time to evaluate and figure it out for myself. It's amazing that I don't need someone to make me happy. I have myself and my God.

2. I love my Heavenly Father. I want to serve Him in any capacity that my human body allows.
My testimony grew so immensely over the winter that I don't even consider myself the same person. I know now that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he wants what is the best for me. He wants me to be happy and sometimes he gives me trials and obstacles to learn things I could never have learned otherwise.

3. My purpose in life is to serve my Savior.
I was put on earth to serve Him and I plan to do that whenever possible. I know I am not perfect and I probably wont be perfect until I come forth in the resurrection, but I do know that the reason I am here is to do the Lord's work. Something as simple as washing my roommates dishes would be considered doing the Lord's work. I am so determined to do my callings to the fullest and to not just do visiting teaching but be visiting teaching. (if that makes any sense and all) I want to loose myself in the service of my brothers and sisters so that I can continue to find myself.

4. I'm not afraid of marriage anymore.
I know what you are thinking with this one. I AM NOT looking for someone to marry, but because I have changed myself and change my heart I'm not afraid of it anymore. If you know me at all you knew that I was strongly against marriage a few short months ago but through my whole life changing semester off track I've learned that as long as I am preparing myself I wont need to worry about the boy. It will happen when God wants it to happen. All I know is that I am ready now. Before I pushed the idea away because my heart wasn't ready for such things. It is now. and I am so thankful for that.

5. Most of all I learned that life is so short and I shouldn't spend it being upset.
I know who I am. I do get upset. BUT I am working harder than anyone but my Heavenly Father knows. Sometimes I slip up and fall back a bit but that's what the Atonement is for. I can use it personally each and every day. I can be the person He always knew I could be. And best of all I did it for ME!! I love my life. I love everything about it. The misery, the heart breaks, the happiness, the love. For without sadness we would never know happiness.


This semester is going to be hard for me. But I will not let it get me down. I will thank my Heavenly Father every single day for the blessings He gives me and ask him for the strength to be strong.

Love all of you:) pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!! good job in figuring all that stuff out. Good luck with the semester, I hope all goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks Erin:) It's going to be wonderful! haha

    ReplyDelete