Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tied Together with a Smile

I just got finished reading a book called, "Never the Bride" HAHAHA. yes laugh at the fact I'm reading a book about not being married. But the truth is that's not what caught my eye about it. It's an inspirational book about inspirational things and right now I could use some of that inspiration. Basically this girl is 34 and has never been anyones pick. She has some serious OCD problems and she's a little too much to handle for some guys. Well after speed dating on Valentine's Day and not getting anyone to notice her she curses at God and He appears. Like actually walking along side of her. She is very skeptical and blah blah blah. Well she's been trying to write her own love story and God tells her that it's His story to write. She hates that and even ignores some of God's subtle hints about being in the right place at the right time. The whole book she fights him because he isn't doing things how she wants or in her time frame. (I just laughed because it sounds a lot like me) She gets frustrated many times and tries to give up but God doesn't give up on her. Finally she decides to put her love story in God's hands, and the story He writes for her is something so much better then she could have written for herself.

I actually finished the book thinking "dang. I need to stop freaking out and give my life to God to mold and make how He wants it." I know this isn't a doctrine in our church (the book I mean) but Heavenly Father does have a plan for all of us. I want Him to write that plan for me. So I'm going to stop fighting Him. When the time is right (and it will be sometime) I will be given my love story that only God could write.


No comments:

Post a Comment