To get started I just want to put a little back ground into the story. Each of us was put into a team of 5 people (Me, Kelly, Morgan, Aaron, Mckay) and then into a company of 3 teams. Therefore we have 15 people in our company (which really isn't that much). The University gave each team a certain amount of money to buy food for the time we would be up there and so on Tuesday night my team headed to Broulims to get what we would need. Somehow 4 things of bacon ended up in the cart and us girls were half laughing and half scolding the guys for thinking we would need that much bacon. We finally bargained with them and got it down to 3 things of bacon (side note: we still had one thing of bacon unopened when we left badger. we tried to warn them. haha) Then we bought the rest of our stuff for our 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts.
6:45am came ridiculously early and we shoved all of our stuff in Morgans car. We ran to McDonald's to get some breakfast and then drove on up to Badger Creek. We were late which only made us feel dumb because our teacher had told us not to get breakfast at 7 like we did. haha. But we were not the last one's there and so it was okay:) We were told to get into our companies to play some games.
I felt like I was in kindergarten again. The games we played were so childish yet I really did enjoy them. We held hands and had to pass 2 hula hoops from one side to the other without letting go of each others hands. Then we made it a competition between the companies. My company is VERY competitive and so we HAD to win. It was hilarious because me and Morgan kept messing up and everyone was giving us death glares:) Then we play the name game. You pass the ball to someone and say their name and then you keep going and everyone has to say everyone's name. I am pro at that game. I can name everyone in my company:) Me, Morgan, Kelly, Aaron, Mckay, Brandon, Lance, Caleb, Nate, Carlos, Nate, Shane, Chase, Danielle, Alli! (it's not that hard because we were with them basically every second of the day)We also played a jump rope game which I loved cause I used to jump rope but some people had troubles and it was fun to watch everyone else.
(yes this is going to be one of those blogs where I say everything I did there. If you don't like that stop reading, just know you will miss out on some good stuff later on)
Then each team was given wood we were told to make a box that we could put our "very special" things in. (haha we all laughed cause we didn't bring anything special with us) I got a splinter from sanding the wood and I had to dig into my finger with a saftey pin to be able to get it out. Yeah that was not so fun. Thank goodness we have a construction management major on my team cause he knew exactly what he was doing and our box turned out perfect:)
Each team was given a handcart (to carry all our stuff to our campsite) and we grabbed our handcarts and went to our first activity. The TRUST FALL. Anything that has the word fall in it scares me but put the word trust in front of it and it freaks me out. (I had a very bad experience with one of those once that led to me having a bloody nose) But I couldn't not do it because I had to be strong and face my fears. I stood on the plank (it was about 5 feet high) and fell backwards into the arms of the people in my company. I could say with a surety I could trust every single person there. Even the girls that were super tiny. It was a nice way to start out the experience there.
Prison wall was next. It's this huge wall about 10 feet tall (???) and we had to get every single person in our company across it as soon as we could. I thought I was going to fall at one point because I'm a wimp and I have ABSOLUTELY NO upper body strength and I couldn't pull myself up over the wall and the 2 people at the top were having trouble pulling me up... (it's one of those activities that makes you feel very weight conscious) By the 3rd time we had it down to a science. Two guys hoisted everyone up with their hands (our feet were on their hands) and then we would swing our legs up and the people on top would grab them. We finished with a time of about 13 seconds per person. It was a lot of fun to know that we had started out with such an awful time but that we were able to find better ways of doing things. I had a nice bruise on my knee from that wall:)
So then we went to the power pole. For anyone that knows me you know I have a huge fear of heights!!! I had already done a power pole at other camps and I really didn't want to do it here but I felt that it was necessary. So I climbed the pole and got one foot on top. My fear took over and I jumped before I put my other foot on top of the pole. This is probably the only thing I regret about Badger. I wish I wouldn't have let my fear get the best of me but I did and that's something I need to examine in my life. I get so scared of things and sometimes before I get to the end I jump or leave because it's just too hard to face. I need to stop doing that because it wont serve me.
After everyone but me stood on the power pole we went to the spider web. haha my company is hilarious! (in a sad sort of way) It took us an hour to do it and we didn't even get everyone on the other side. This was the first time we noticed our company had more issues then we originally thought. We just have a lot of people who like to be leaders (which can be a good thing) and so instead of just doing things we talked and talked and talked. We also weren't doing very well at listening. I said something a couple of times but no one heard me (which got really frustrating). Luckily Caleb came to the rescue and told everyone to shut up. haha I love that kid. Every time I said something and no one would listen he would yell at everyone to be quite so that I could say what I thought would help. Our teacher even yelled at us because we were talking too much and not doing what we should have done.
When we were done we loaded up our stuff and began the mile hike to our campsite. We set up our tents and started making dinner. It was super good!! The guys in our group cooked most of the food which was REALLY nice!!! We sat around the fire and then decided that it was time for bed. It was 8pm. hahaha we all felt a little stupid but we were all exhausted so we went to sleep really early because we had to be up by 7 the next morning.
It was FREEZING when we woke up. I didn't want to get dressed or do anything because I was SO cold. We sat around the fire for a long time and then left to go to our meeting.
We meet as a company and we had to trace someone on a full size sheet. Then we had to write all of the values we wanted our company to have inside the person and all the values we didn't want on the outside. We came up with a lot of good ones and we were all pretty satisfied. (side note it took us a really long time because we all liked to talk and idk.. we have issues. haha)
Then it was time for business ideas presentations. Extreme couponing, Shoe shining/shoe winterizing, and pudding. The couponing was outta there as soon as we heard the words. hahaha sorry but I am not giving classes on how to extreme coupon. That wouldn't make any money and it would just be LAME. So it was down to the shoes and the pudding. Both ideas actually sounded really good (the pudding was my teams) and so we decided to finish up with the presentation and continue on with the day. We had to do a team cheer to get our lunch (brother eager brought subway for all of us) and ours was so stupid. haha we were laughing the whole time and we had to do it again. Then we went to our next activity.
Next was the incline log: You walk up a log that's inclined and then hook yourself to another rope and walk across a log suspended in the air. I was freaking scared because... I'm afraid of heights. (like I already said) Well I was told by several people that I could do it and so I went and did it rather fast so I wouldn't have to think about how scared I was. HAHAHA.
The last ropes thing we did they call the big swing. You get hooked to a rope that's hanging from some cables lots and lots of feet in the air and then you are hooked to another rope that gets pulled on to pull you into the air. Then you let go and swing. Like this:

No that is not me or anyone I know but this is basically what I did. I went first because I was so scared and everyone said I should. I couldn't even scream because my breath got taken away when I let go of the rope and dropped. Super scary. It was the best one out of all of them though.
Im bored and sick of blogging. So the rest of the story will come another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment