I need HELP!!! I know this is probably not what I should be doing but I need advice. Big advice. haha. I have been going back and forth for the last 7 months about what to cluster in. It's kinda something that I need to plan for now seeing as my sophomore year will be over with the next semester. I need to plan! I have picked out 5 clusters that I think I may be interested in (although truthfully Im not really wanting to do a cluster at all) and I need your help deciding what to do with my life:) hahaha alright I will list them in the order I like them the most. (or the order that I think I like them the most)
1. Advertising - This is in the communication department and it would go great with my emphasis in marketing.
2. Interior Design - I have no idea if I can even do this as a cluster BUT I wanted to be an interior designer all throughout high school. I changed my mind to major in business because lets face it, there will always be jobs in business. I was being practical but I still would love to do some interior designing. I don't know.....
3. Human Resource Management - uhhh.. conflicts and stuff like that. It could be interesting? I just have no idea what I am going to need for when I figure out what type of business I would like to open. This could come in handy?!
4. Psychology: Business Emphasis - motivation, culture and gender... sounds kinda interesting right?! I've always thought I was supposed to help people in my life. But doing a degree in it was just not feasible if I wanted to be able to support a family. Would I even be good at helping people?
5. Non-Nursing - My mother is a nurse and she's always been the one to go to with any health concerns or when I get hurt. I can't help but thinking my children are gonna be deprived if I can't give them that also. But I don't like needles and blood, and gross stuff so I couldn't ever do that as a career. Should I go for it?
Alrighty.... those are the 5 clusters that I have come up with. I would almost jump on the photography cluster if I had a nice camera (since that is required for the cluster) but since I do not that is outta the question:( HELP!!!!
You're comments are GREATLY appreciated. Love you all!
Interior Designers make A LOT of money... If I was actually interested in that, I would totally major in that. haha but maybe you should minor in something instead of clustering?
ReplyDeletehaha some of them do. Some of them dont. You have to be really good. Business is more secure. and I can't because I was minoring in Child Development and I took those classes last spring and I wanted to shoot myself. So, because I have so many credits in that, I am doing a cluster instead and clustering in something else. My mom thinks I should do Psychology. hmm.. Im still not sure.
ReplyDeleteNo, you just need to be really good to get a lot of business. There is a interior designer in our neighboring ward who works like 5-10 hours/week and she charges $150/hr. She raises her kids, her husband works full time and she does a little interior designing to get money. haha sounds pretty sweet. and oh yeah, i forgot about child development. Maybe you should take some of these classes and see what you're actually interested in?
ReplyDeleteI like advertising. That is what I would pick, but you should pick what you like not what I like so.... interior design if you can.
ReplyDeleteIf you want to go with the most practical, do advertising, human resource, or nursing.
haha thank you!! I like all of them and I just can't waist my credits figuring out what I want to do... This is such a tough decision. Advertising would help me with the marketing aspect of my degree... but it might be too close?! I just DON'T know.
ReplyDeleteI vote psychology... just cuz I love it haha
ReplyDeleteHahaha thank you:)
ReplyDelete