Friday, January 28, 2011

longer than the stars

So I've been thinking a lot lately about things like life (which shouldn't surprise anyone) and I have come to one conclusion:

Life is BEAUTIFUL :)

Everything in life sings happiness, and joy, and I'm so glad to be a part of it! Looking back I realize that there were times in my life (like last week) that I took it for granted, and almost hated it. Funny how things turn out, isnt it?

Last night in institute we were talking about life and the teacher showed us a couple pictures of the stars and galaxies like this one:


Absolutely breathtaking! We were all a little confused as to why we were looking at pictures of stars and galaxies until he asked us something very profound. He asked, "How long is a stars life?" Most of us said that they lived millions of years, which is correct. Then my teacher said, "How long do we live?" BLOWN AWAY! I had never thought of it like that. The stars are so magnificent and yet they don't live forever. While we, on the other hand, do! We are greater than the stars! I just sat back in awe of what I had just been taught.

We then went on to talk about goals, and how important they can be in our life. He asked us to write down goals on something we would see everyday. I want to write mine on here because if others read them, they can help me keep them:)

GOALS:
~Go to the temple every single week while I am up in Rexburg. (I tried this last year and it kinda failed but I know the importance of the temple and I want to make it a regular part of my life)
~Have a positive attitude in everything I do. (I tend to be quite negative and I am so stinkin sick of it! I want people to want to be around me because of how I act and who I am)
~Find the person I am meant to marry and get married in the temple. (I know this is every girls goal but I think it needs to be a bigger goal of mine then just saying it every time someone gives a lesson on it. Marriage is so important to me, and it wont be achieved without goal number two being fulfilled)
~Be the kind of mother my mother was to me. (This is so important to me. I want my children to look up to me. I want to be their best friends. The only way this goal is going to happen is if I start working on how I treat other people)

Anyways, I guess I have just come to realize that life sucks. But that doesn't mean I can't be happy about it! If I spend all my time sulking around talking about how much I dislike life then I will never be able to enjoy it.

"But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear" Alma 13:28

1 comment:

  1. you are so cute. haha i love the thing about the stars... I've never thought about that.

    and good goals! We will definitely go more to the temple this spring than we did last spring. haha

    and i like the new blog. it's different but i like it. haha

    LOVE YOU! :)

    (oh, and I now understand why you wanted to know about the scripture... haha)

    ReplyDelete